Petron Corporation was incorporated in the Philippines in 1966. Its core business is refining crude oil, and marketing and distributing refined petroleum products. It sells a full range of refined petroleum products such as:
- industrial fuel oil
- liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
- jet fuel
- mixed xylene and propylene
Its oil refinery produces 180,000 barrel-per-day petroleum products to supply nearly 40% of the country's total fuel requirements.
Petron has the largest number of service stations in the Philippines. It has over 1,900 service stations that retail gasoline, diesel and kerosene to motorists.
At present, Petron Corporation has seven subsidiaries namely:
- New Ventures Realty Corporation
- Petrogen Insurance Corporation
- Overseas Insurance Corporatio, Ltd.
- Petron Foundation Inc.
- Petron Freeport Corporation
- Petron Marketing Corporation
- Petron Singapore Trading Pte, Ltd.
Petron's headquarters is located at the San Miguel Corporation - Head Office Complex, San Miguel Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Philippines.