The Festival aims to:
- trace the roots of gongs and bamboo music traditions;
- celebrate the genius of the Filipino musicians and creators;
- gather artists and scholars from the Philippines and from other countries with tradition of gong and bamboo music;
- provide a venue for artists to interact and share their musical traditions and research works; and
- come-up with materials on gongs and bamboo music for schools and educational institutions.
The Festival features a conference and public workshop to be held on February 18-20, 2012 in Dipolog City.
The target participants to this Festival include local performers from Kalinga, Bukidnon, Iloilo, Maguindanao, Tiruray, and international performers from China, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Indonesia. Music teachers from both public and private elementary and high schools, schools implementing the Special Program for the Arts (SPA), as well as regional and division Makabayan supervisors who are in-charge of music and arts education are invited to attend the Festival and its different components.
For more information, interested participants may contact:
- https://www.affordablecebu.com/The Musicological Society of the Philippines (MSP)Room 210, 2nd Floor, Abelardo Hall, College of MusicUniversity of the Philippines (UP), Diliman, Quezon CityTelephone No.: (02) 926-0028Mobile Phone No.: 0917-533-6578E-mail Address: mfawsantos@yahoo .comWebsite Address: www.gongsandbamboofest.com