|A||August 30, 31 and September 1, 2012||General Santos City|
|B||September 27-29, 2012||Lingayen, Pangasinan|
|C||October 26-28, 2012||National Capital Region (NCR)|
|D||January 2013||Iloilo City|
The specific venues of the conferences are to be announced later. The Conference aims to:
- discuss new developments, issues and concerns in language learning and teaching langueag in the light of education for sustainable development in the K to 12 Curriculum;
- reflect on issues and concerns of public and private agencies on environmental education and climate change;
- discuss content based instruction in language learning;
- develop environmental/sustainable development lessons and resources for the language classroom;
- design a language program that is aligned to environmental education and climate change; and
- gain and share insights on language as essential in connecting with local and global communities on environmental education.
The target participants to this activity are the regional directors (RDs), schools division/city superintendents (SDSs), assistant schools division/city superintendents (ASDSs), PhRELC-SFI officers and members, RELC Singapore grantees-alumni, English, Filipino and Science supervisors, members of the Philippine Association of Literacy Mentors Network (PALM-Net), district supervisors, principals, department heads, pre-school, elementary, secondary and tertiary teachers from both public and private schools and parents.
For more information, interested participants may contact Dr. Beth Manalo at telephone no.: (02) 585-6518 or at mobile phone no.: 0917-519-1943.