In the daily production process, ball mill’s maintenance is a recurring work, which directly impacts the rate of operation and service life of the grinding mills. In order to detect defects and eliminate hidden dangers, in order to ensure the normal operation of the ball mill, in addition to the daily maintenance, but also need regularly stop grinding (recommended once a month) to check hollow shaft, main bearings, cylinder, reducer, size gear and so on, then do the detailed records.
Some information for choosing balls:
- when the hardness of the material is big, try to choose a larger diameter steel ball.
- when mill diameter and impact is greater, try to choose a smaller steel ball diameter.
- using the dual position separators, its ball diameter must be smaller than that of the single-layer diaphragm plate of the same discharge cross-section.
Preparatory work before the ball mill operation: cleaning the inside workshop, the tools, used in construction should be completely evacuated.
Check the cleaning of the ball mill itself:
- if the internal part of ball mill has articles and debris;
- if the discharging hole of the ball mill and vacuum tube has debris;
- if the bearing and the outer cylinder of ball mill clean;
- make the coupling parts, ball mill bearing, reducer, motor clean;
- blow the compressed air of the motor away , check if the interior of the motor has debris.
- before the ball mill operation, first make high-pressure oil pump operate, use the high-pressure oil film to hold up the ball mill, forming a floating, and reduce the torque of the ball mill, then put the oil into ball mill bearings and lubrication part.
- check if the cooling water pipe has clogging, before test ball mill, open cooling water pipe joints, and flush the pipe until the cooling water is clean.