What are the requirements?
At least two (2) valid id's.
One (1) valid that bears a photo. Examples are:
- your school ID
- Company/Office ID
- Postal ID
- Driver's License
- Voter's ID
- NBI/Police Clearance
- One (1) valid id which bears no photo. Examples are:
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Baranggay Clearance/Certificate
- 2 pcs. 1x1 or 2x2 pictures
- Initial deposit (ranges from P500 to P10,000 depending on the bank and the type of account). The initial deposit of some of the popular Philippine banks are:
- BDO = P2,000 is the initial deposit for opening an ATM card/account
- Metrobank = P2,000 is the initial deposit for opening an ATM card/account
- BPI = P3,000 is the initial deposit for opening an ATM card
After securing the needed requirements, you can go to your preferred bank where you want to apply a bank account. Inside the bank, go to the New Accounts section. If you don't know that section, just tell any bank officer that you want to open a new account and they will be happy to assist you. Don't forget to wear your smile.
Take note: Regarding the valid id's, you can also bring both two (2) photo-bearing id's. It's also recommended to bring 1 photo-bearing id and 1 non photo-bearing id. But if you bring 2 non photo-bearing id's, there's a big possibility that you're application will not be accepted.
Some foreign students or students with dual citizenships (e.g. Filipino-American, Filipino-Chinese, Filipino-Japanese, Filipino-Italian, Filipino-German, Filipino-Mexican, etc.) can open a bank account here in the Philippines by bringing their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR I-Card).
Are you having a problem with opening a bank account in the Philippines? Let us know in the comment below.