In consonance with the implementation of the K to 12 Education Curriculum and the Basic Guidelines for the conduct of the Special Education (SPED) Program at the secondary level, this activity aims to enhance the students’ skills in computer education in preparation for college and/or job.
The target participants in this Camp are the 3rd and 4th year students with visual impairment from selected public and private secondary schools of Regions I, II, III, IV-A, V, VI, VII, X, XI, National Capital Region (NCR) and Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).
The qualifications of the expected participants are the following:
- Must be totally blind or severe low vision;
- Must be familiar with the key board keys or has background in computer;
- Must not have participated in previous computer-eyes training;
- Willing and able to travel alone to and from Manila; and
- Willing to share to other blind the knowledge he will gain from the training.
Participation of both public and private schools shall be subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled "Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.”
The RBI will shoulder the travel expenses of provincial participants, training materials, board and lodging and other related expenses of the participants.
For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Mayette Regala at telephone nos.: (02) 726-3021 to 24 or send accomplished application form at fax no.: (02) 727-0077 or to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.