If you lost the PIN of your SMART or Talk 'N Text Sim or if you entered the wrong PIN, your sim card might probably get blocked. And it needs the PUK code in order to unblock it.
What is PUK? PUK stands for PIN Unblocking Key. Where can you find the PUK? It is found at the back of your SMART or Talk 'N Text sim casing like what you can see in the photo below:
PUK code found at the back of the sim casing
Take note that you can see two PIN and two PUK on the image above. The PUK1 is used to unblock your Personal Identification Number or PIN while PUK2 is used to unblock your PIN2 for your call/phone settings (ex. fixed dialing).
What if you lost the sim casing and you forgot your PUK code? You should follow either one of the two steps below to retrieve your PUK code:
Get PUK code through Cellphone or Landline
- Dial *888 using your SMART cellphone or (02) 888-1111 using telephone and follow the voice prompt.
- For SMART Postpaid subscribers, select the Aftersales option then PUK Release.
- For SMART Prepaid and Talk 'N Text subscribers, select the Account option then PUK Inquiry.
- Enter your cellphone number (09xxxxxxxxx) and ICCID number. Your ICCID is the 16 digit number printed at the back of your SIM card.
- Once validated, the system will dictate your PUK1 and PUK2 codes. Please have a pen and paper ready to jot them down.
Get PUK code through SMART's website
- Register and log-in to my.smart.com.ph. Registration is FREE.
- Once logged-in, link your Smart mobile number to your my.Smart account.
- Once linked, click the "Manage” option beside the account you want to have the settings activated.
- Under the Inquiries tab, select PUK Code Inquiry.
- Then, enter your ICCID number. Your ICCID is the 16 digit number located at the back of your SIM card.
- Once validated, the system will display your PUK1 and PUK2 codes.
Did you successfully retrieve your PUK code? Are you having any problems in getting your PUK code?
This article was written by admin
under the Mobile Phones
category. It has been viewed
times and generated 231
comments. The article was created on 03-December-2012